RCSB PDB Vision and Mission
To Sustain a unique Findable/Accessible/Interoperable/Reusable (FAIR)1 Living Data Resource of 3D Biomolecular Structure Information, we will
- Safeguard, manage, and enrich the single global PDB archive.
- Provide efficient Deposition/Biocuration Services for biomolecular structures and associated data.
- Advance research and education through expert delivery of Archive Management/Access, Data Exploration, and Outreach/Education Services.
- Meet the needs of diverse, evolving User communities spanning Fundamental Biology, Chemistry, Biomedicine, Energy, Biotechnology, Drug Discovery, and STEM education.
- Anticipate and respond effectively to changes in research, education, and funding.
- The FAIR Guiding Principles for scientific data management and stewardship
M. D. Wilkinson et al. (2016) Scientific Data 3: 160018 doi: 10.1038/sdata.2016.18